Why submit to PAAFF?
* We’re an award winning film festival based in Philadelphia, celebrating and elevating the Asian American experience.
* Films are screened and judged by film industry representatives and our top films receive awards. Some of our past films have also been screened on HBO On Demand and Comcast’s Cinema Asian America.
* Take part in networking opportunities with fellow filmmakers and receptive and diverse audiences.
* Films must be directed, written, produced, or principally acted by an Asian Pacific Islander.
* If the director, producer or writer is non-Asian, the film’s subject matter must involve Asians.
* Foreign language films must have English subtitles.
Earlybird Deadline: 4/15/14
Regular Deadline: 6/1/14
Late Deadline: 7/5/14
(All filmmakers will be notified by 9/15/14)
* Unfortunately we cannot waive submission fees for non-Philadelphia based filmmakers as we are an all volunteer run festival relying on fees to support our operations. Please note our fees are very competitive and reasonable.
* If you are a filmmaker that currently resides in the Philadelphia region (city or surrounding suburbs) and your film meets the eligibility requirements of our festival, you may contact us for a fee waiver at rob [at] phillyasianfilmfest [dot] org. You may be asked to verify.
* Please check your film’s status on Withoutabox to see if it is received.
* If you submitted a film and it doesn’t show “In Consideration” in Withoutabox, please be patient and allow 1-3 weeks for the status to change.
* We accept submissions from all levels of filmmakers (student, amateur and professional) and all types of films, including Narrative, Documentary, Animation, Music Video and Experimental.
* Works in progress will be considered, but keep in mind we will be judging your work as is and will not watch a later version. So please submit your best cut.
* For film submissions we strongly encourage filmmakers to submit Secure Online Screeners in lieu of DVDs. (For more info visit: Withoutabox.com)
* If you are unable to submit an online screener, please mail us 3 DVD copies/screeners of your film.
* Please don’t submit dvd screeners in dvd box cases. Box artwork does not impress us. Please use “clamshell” or similar small plastic cases. Please save your box cases and the environment.
* DVD screeners will NOT be returned.